This update report details some of our key initiatives for FY17, while sharing progress and performance in our primary commitment areas of education, pro bono, engagement, environment and giving. For more detailed information about our CR activities, please see our FY16 report.
We plan to publish a full Global Reporting Initiative report for FY18. In the meantime, we encourage you to read our ongoing communications, which highlight important issues at the intersection of business and society and the work we are doing to address them.
Starting in FY18, we’ll begin reporting on our business in Mexico, which recently became part of PwC’s US firm. We’ll start including emissions data from our service delivery centers in India and China to refine our reporting and identify new opportunities for emissions reduction.
Support for the SDGs
We feel strongly that business has a critical role to play to achieve the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which frame broad societal objectives for the world’s most pressing social, environmental and economic challenges. PwC is helping clients navigate within the context of the goals while advocating for wider business engagement. At PwC US, we are mainly focused on three of the SDGs:
4: quality education
5: gender equality
10: reduced inequalities
Awards and recognition
Our commitments to responsible business leadership consistently earn us external recognition. Other awards received by the firm can be found here.
- Association of Corporate Citizenship Professionals Ignite Impact Recipient, Shannon Schuyler, Principal, Responsible Business Leadership; Chief Purpose Officer; President, PwC Charitable Foundation
- New York City & State CSR Awards: Diversity
- Ranked #4 on DiversityInc’s 2017 “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list
- #3 in Overall Diversity on Vault.com, 2018
- 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index every year since 2006
- Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion; 100% Disability Equality Index, 2017
- G.I. Job’s Top 100 military friendly employer since 2011; 2017 Military Friendly® Gold level award
- Ranked among the “Top 10 Companies for Working Mothers” by Working Mother magazine, 2004–2017 and among “Best Companies for Multicultural Women” since 2005